New and Newsworthy
Be sure to bookmark this page and come back frequently to see all the latest information on current events, resources and trainings.
Additionally, don’t forget to ‘like’ our Facebook page and visit us often!
- Seeking Bilingual Program Specialist in Lake County, IN
The Indiana Resource Center for Families with Special Needs, IN*SOURCE, is currently accepting applications for a Bilingual Program Specialist in the Gary/Lake County IN area. The mission of IN*SOURCE is to provide parents, families, individuals & service providers in the state of Indiana the information & training necessary to help assure effective educational programs & appropriate services for individuals with disabilities.
This a part-time position and Spanish fluency is required. Applicants must have a valid Indiana driver's license and auto insurance coverage. One to two years of special education experience preferred. Knowledge of federal and state laws pertaining to the education of individuals with disabilities is required. For additional information about the qualifications and key areas of accountability, please download the job description.
To apply online, please visit our registration form
- PATINS PROJECT Tech Expo 2019 - Journeying with IN*SOURCE
Save the Dated! PATINS Tech Expo 2019 - In partnership with IN*SOURCE - April 4, 2019
Hands-On assistive and accessible technologies with vendor
presentations ongoing and one on one time with the experts in Exhibit Hall
About this Event:
It's your one-stop shop to:
- Preview assistive and accessible technologies and services
- Meet with vendors and experts of resources designed to promote inclusion and to comply with federal and state mandates
- Learn about accessibility and technology supports for ALL students and families
- Open to all interested Indiana administrators, teachers, family members, students, and pre-service/grad students
- No registration cost
- Free parking
- 60-minute unique vendor presentations offered throughout the day
- Exhibit Hall full of 40+ vendor/service booths to visit
- Complimentary lunch
- Prize drawings throughout the day
502 East Event Centre
502 East Carmel Drive
Carmel, IN 46032
For more information and to register, visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/patins-tech-expo-2019journeying-with-insource-tickets-54937715185
- What to Know About Supported Decision-Making Webinar Now Available for Viewing
Supported decision-making (SDM) allows individuals with disabilities to make choices about their own lives with support from a team of people. Individuals with disabilities choose people they know and trust to be part of a support network to help with decision-making. Supported decision-making is an alternative to guardianship. Guardians make decisions for the person with a disability. However, supported decision-making allows the person with the disability to make his or her own decisions instead of having someone else make them for him or her. This webinar provides introductory information on the concept of supported decision-making and other options for adulthood.
This webinar was presented by Melissa Keyes, Legal Director for Indiana Disability Rights which provides legal services to individuals with disabilities.
For additional information about Supported Decision-Making, visit the Indiana Disability Rights' homepage https://www.in.gov/idr/2684.htm.