Bullying has gained national attention following research that documents its negative impact on children, including serious health and developmental outcomes. According to the National Education Association, on any given day, nearly 160,000 children in the U.S. miss school due to a fear of being bullied. Each public school is required to develop bullying prevention programs, report incidents of bullying to the DOE and provide training to teachers on the best ways to address bullying.
- Indiana Department of Education Bullying Prevention and Reporting
- Dear Colleague Letter (U.S. Department of Education 08/2013)
- PACER Center's Teens Against Bullying
- PACER's National Bullying Prevention Center
- Understanding Cyberbullying in College
- The Difference Between Teasing and Bullying