Indiana Department of Education, Office of Special Education
All students, including those with disabilities, are held to high expectations and have equitable access to educational opportunities that enrich their lives and prepare them for future success. Office of Special Education Website.
The division provides leadership and support for public school gifted and talented K-12 programs and for students with disabilities from ages 3-21. The division ensures that Indiana is in compliance with the federal Individuals With Disabilities Education Act through monitoring of special education programs, oversight of community and residential programs, provision of mediation and due process rights, and sound fiscal management.
Special Education Laws in Indiana
- Article 7 English | Spanish
- Navigating the Course: Help for Indiana’s Special Education Rules English | Spanish
- Alternative Education
- Instruction for Students Requiring Homebound Instruction
- Accessibility and Accommodations for Instruction and Assessment Resource Guide and Toolkit
Procedural Safeguards and Parent Rights
- Indiana Compilation of School Discipline Laws and Regulations
- Notice of Procedural Safeguards and Parent Rights in Special Education English | Spanish
- Differences Between Certificate of Incapacity and Physician's Statement
- Indiana Complaint, Hearing, and Mediation Process